Where else to find a place that has both the majestic beauty of the mountains and the ancient features of a European city. Come to Ba Na Hills to enjoy this 2-in-1 experience!
Making a big hit around the world, winning many awards, breaking world records, Ba Na Hills deserves to be the place to explore and enjoy your vacation.
- Ba Na Hills
- What to see in Ba Na Hills?
- What games does Ba Na Hills have?
- Eating at Ba Na Hills
- A beautiful hotel in Ba Na
- When is the best season to go to Ba Na Hills?
Ba Na Hills
Ba Na Hills is located at an altitude of about 1,414 m above sea level on Ba Na mountain. An ideal location to admire the majestic natural scenery, as well as enjoy the cool atmosphere.
Ba Na is about 40km from the center of Da Nang City to the southwest.
Address: Sun World Ba Na Hills is located in An Son village, Hoa Ninh commune, Hoa Vang district, Danang City, Vietnam.
Who manages Ba Na Hills?
Ba Na Hills has been under the management of Sun Group Vietnam since 2007, from the transfer decision of the People’s Committee of Da Nang city. Since then, many important works have been built and are now famous both in the country and abroad.
In 2009, Ba Na Cable Car Service Joint Stock Company completed the first cable car route, Suoi Mo – Ba Na. Up to now, Sun World Ba Na Hills has 5 cable car routes to fulfill the cable system in this area, including Suoi Mo – Ba Na, Debay – Morin, Toc Tien Waterfall – L’Indochine, Hoi An – Marseille, Bordeaux – Louvre.
The cable cars serve the moving needs of tourists with a total capacity of nearly 7,000 passengers per hour.
After that, many new projects were built: 21,000m2 indoor entertainment area Fantasy Park; Mountain train; French Village…
In June 2018, in Ba Na, there was another Golden Bridge project, also called Golden Hands Bridge or Giant Hand Bridge.
Does Ba Na Hills have a pool?
Yes, it does. The swimming pool is located in the Mercure hotel like a lavish and magnificent castle belonging to the French Village complex of Ba Na Hills, the swimming pool has a very unique architecture, simulating the luxury of ancient European nobility.
Transporation to Ba Na Hills
Here are some ways to move to Ba Na Hill from Da Nang city center.
Taxi from Da Nang to Ba Na Hills
One-way taxi price is about 500,000 VND, round trip price is from 900,000 VND with 4 hours waiting time.
Tourist Bus Da Nang
– Fares: about 150,000 VND round trip and 100,000 VND 1 way.
– Departure time: go to Ba Na Hill at around 8:30 am – 8:30 am; Return to the city at 15:30-16:30 (depending on the group schedule).
– Time to move: about 60-70 minutes.
– For this one, please contact the receptionist to know the correct time to pick up and the correct rate.
This type of transportation is not recommended for luxury travelers and who do not have much time.
You can book a private car with a professional driver who specializes in working for international tourists to get better care and door-to-door service.
Price is from 900,000 VND per sedan car from the hotel in the city center of Danang. If your hotel is on the beaches in Danang, you can pay more than this rate. But, it is worth getting a private service.
Rent a motorbike from Da Nang to Ba Na Hills
The rental price ranges from 150,000 VND – 350,000 VND per motorbike per day, depending on the type of vehicle.
Rental motorbikes often have little gas, you should ask the owner for the address of the nearest gas station.
To rent a motorbike, you need to prepare an ID card or passport, A1 driving license (Vietnamese license), a deposit (about VND 500,000 / motorbike).
Tour to visit Ba Na Hills
Currently, many companies offer tours to visit Ba Na Hills, with prices from 1,500,000 to 3,000,000 VND/person, child tickets can be lower, about 1,000,000 – 2,500,000 VND/person, starting from Da Nang or Hoi An.
Ba Na Hills tours from Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi are about 5,000,000 – 9,000,000 VND/person. Sometimes, you can get a few promotional and cheap tours.
Where to buy Ba Na Hills tickets?
If you travel with a package tour to visit Ba Na, tickets are often included. The guide will get them for you.
If you go to Ba Na Hills by yourself, you can buy tickets directly at the ticket counters at the foot of the hills, and you can also buy tickets online through the website: https://ticket.sunworld.vn.
Ticket price to visit Ba Na Hills:
- Adults and children over 1m3 tall: 750,000 VND; For Danang people: 400,000 VND.
- Children from 1m – 1m3: 600,000 VND; For Danang people: 300,000 VND.
- Children under 1m tall: Free.
- Entrance ticket price includes 2-way cable car, mountain train, wine cellar, Le Jardin flower garden, and most of the games in Fantasy Park.
Note: for Da Nang people, when buying tickets, they need to show permanent residency in Da Nang, for children, bring a birth certificate to get a promotion.
If you want to visit the Wax Museum, the ticket price: 100,000 VND / adult, and at the same for children over 1m3.
Opening hours: 8:00 – 18:30 every day of the week.
What to see in Ba Na Hills?
On the top of Ba Na Hills is the main destination covering a lot of places to visit. I recommend you spend around 20 – 30 minutes exploring the area at the foot of Ba Na because of plenty of nice buildings, good for photos.
Now, we will explore buildings and scenery on the hilltop.
Ba Na Hills French Village
The French village is the famous feature of Ba Na that attracts the most tourists. The bold European architecture, with a majestic ancient style, makes you feel like you are lost in Europe.
Ba Na Hills Wax Museum
When visiting the wax museum, you can see with your own eyes famous figures in the world and Vietnam. As mentioned above, if you want to visit the museum, remember to buy more tickets, because the ticket price to visit Ba Na Hills is not included on this site.
Although newly put into operation in 2018, the popularity of this bridge comes around the world. Leaning against the cliff and overlooking the sea at an altitude of 1,400m, it feels like being wrapped in two giant hands carved from stone, the design is so ideal for sightseeing and photography.
Le Jardin d’Amour flower garden
This site is also known as the flower garden of love with an area of nearly 21,000 m2. The 9 gardens at Le Jardin D’Amour are 9 interesting stories set in 9 different unique architectural styles, creating a poetic and colorful space.
- Suoi Mo Garden: A beautiful flower garden with a combination of fresh Aparang and Kim Cam flowers, sloping terrain, and sweeping views.
- Garden of Eden: This is an ideal place to watch the sunrise, the place where the heavens and the earth of Danang meet. A garden owns beauty only in Ba Na Hills of beautiful and unique bellflower carpet.
- Mystery Garden: A maze is set up to make visitors conquer it along with the charm.
- Uyen Uong Garden: French architecture is expressed through delicate architecture with vivid and attractive patterns and textures.
- Garden of Thoughts: This garden of Le Jardin D’amour Da Nang flower garden is created from an endless hourglass flow imbued with Western thinking.
- Garden of Myths: This place was inspired by Mount Olympia with the sacred gods of the steep hills of Athens.
- The Garden of Memory: The four gods here represent the four seasons that flow alternately with the flow of memories.
- Sacred Garden: Couples who love each other should not miss this place because it is witnessed by the gods of love to the vows, the romance of France, both intense and gentle, and the emotions in love. love.
- Vineyard: The landscape design and greenery are arranged to recreate a vineyard in the South of France.
Luckily, there are signboards showing you the ways to visit each of these gardens.
Debay Wine Cellar
Debay wine cellar was built by the French through the mountain on Ba Na peak in 1923. After being destroyed by war bombs, this unique cellar has been restored. During the journey to visit the wine cellar, you will enjoy a glass of wine. If anyone doesn’t drink alcohol, they will exchange for another drink at the Debay bar next door. Drinks can be extra charged.
What games does Ba Na Hills have?
Not only visit the scenery, but you can also play exciting games in Ba Na.
Fantasy Park is the largest indoor amusement park in Danang with many entertaining and active games for the whole family.
Most of the games are included in the ticket. So, you can spend time joining the games or exploring a small dinosaur park.
You can join the outdoor game of roller coaster. It’s exciting when moving on the fast rolls, which makes your mind blow with free-street.
Eating at Ba Na Hills
At Sun World Ba Na Hills, you can easily find a system of restaurants in 3 main areas:
- French Village
- Du Dome Square
- Le Jardin flower garden
With a system of more than 30 restaurants, Sun World Ba Na Hills serves a variety of Asian and European cuisines. You can choose from a variety of cuisines, a buffet or a la carte.
A Beautiful Hotel in Ba Na
Mercure Bana Hills French Village Hotel is one of the 4-star hotels – resorts in Ba Na with the methodical investment of Sun Group. With 164 hotel rooms according to international 4-star hotel standards exploited and managed by Accor Group of France.
Room rates from 2,000,000 to 5,000,000 VND per night. Book early for a cheaper rate. Please note that room rates may increase during peak tourist season, typically during the summertime from May to September here.
When is the best season to go to Ba Na Hills?
Being on a high hill, the climate in Ba Na Hills is quite cool. The weather in one day is likened to four seasons of the year: spring in the morning, summer afternoon, cool autumn afternoon, and cold winter evening.
So no season is too beautiful or too bad to visit Ba Na. You just need to avoid sudden rains, which often fall in the rainy season from October to February.
If you love excitement or want to discover more features, you can choose to go at the festival time:
- Flower Festival (from February 10 to March 9)
- Wine Festival (May 5 – May 20)
- Halloween Festival (throughout October)
- Winter Festival (the end of the year)
Note: The time of these festivals is estimated, it can be changed each year.
Ba Na Hills have poetic natural space and unique architectural landscape, a year-round mild climate, many entertainments, and delicious food. This place deserves to be one of the top destinations of Da Nang in your itinerary to explore this beautiful city.